This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We are the data controller for the purposes of the Federal Data Protection Act 1998 (the 'Act')
What information do we collect?
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. We may also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Information from your web-based email accounts. if you agree to add the Site's email address to the contact lists stored at your email provider's website.
Your location according to the IP address assigned to your PC by your mobile carrier or Internet Service Provider. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Details of transactions you carry out through the Site, including any information we require to provide any products or services that you order from us through the Site.
Website usage information is also collected using cookies (see below under 'Cookies').
They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
When you visit the publicly available sections of the Site, a session ID cookie is placed on your computer that only lasts while you’re visiting. We also place persistent cookies (also known as local storage devices) on members’ computers, so that we remember them to make your login in process faster and easier. You may set your browser to block cookies and local storage devices, but if you do so, you may not be able to access all of the features of the Site.
Cookie Functions, Cookie Purposes, Analytics and research
We use the information collected by Google Analytics to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Authentication / Security and site integrity / Site features and services / Performance
These cookies help us to identify our members so that when you’re logged in, you can enjoy all of the features without having to continually log in – our Site “remembers” you and allows you full access without the need to keep entering your log in details.
We need to use certain cookies and local storage devices to ensure our members have the best possible experience, such assisting with your navigation of our site, ensuring pages load up quickly and respond faster to your requests for our Site and Services.
For further information about cookies visit: aboutcookies.org
How will we use the information?
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to the Site.
- To provide anonymous statistical information: Non-personal data may be gathered on our behalf using cookies, log file data, and code that is embedded on our websites by specific third party partners. We use this non-personal information to help improve the services we provided to you.
Disclosure of your information?
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, the information we have collected about you will generally be one of the transferred business assets. Also in the unlikely event that we or our assets are purchased, your information will also be one of the transferred assets. We may share information about you with:
Other companies in the same corporate group as us.
- to administer your user account with us (including notifying you of any compatible tips, announcements, updates, special offers or services, should you consent to this).
- To help us improve the structure, layout and usability of the Site.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of the Site (including the features that require the mobile phone number).
- To help personalize your repeat visits to the Site.
- To provide you with information, offers, product supports, new products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (see below under 'Marketing' for more information). Such information may be sent to you by email or by SMS (if you provided your mobile phone number) or by us calling you on the phone number provided.
- To answer any questions you may raise or respond to any comments you may send to us.
- To notify you about changes to our service or the functionality of the Site.
- To carry out market analysis and research.
- To ensure that you are complying with the terms and conditions of use and to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations.
Marketing and other uses of your non-personal data by us and by third parties
We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may share it with our own companies or other third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising to you, or to help us prepare or share aggregate business and marketing reports.
We would like to send you information about goods and services offered by us and selected third parties that we think may be of interest to you. For that, the email address or mobile phone number you have provided can be used.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing emailing us at: email@example.com
Where we store your personal data / other websites
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or user ID code which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping the password or user ID code confidential. We ask you not to share a password or user ID code with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate at any time by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
- Our Billing company to complete the purchase.
- Our professional advisers, such as our lawyers, where it is necessary for them to advise us.
- Other persons if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- We may also share information about you with third parties that we engage to help us in certain areas, such as processing payments for services you order from us. However, we will control and be responsible for the use of your information by these third parties.